Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security Written Exam (350-018) Version 4.0
Overview of the Exam:
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) security version 4.0 350-018 is a written exam. Its time duration is 120 minutes and it consists of 90-110 questions. The skills and efficiency of security professionals is tested in terms of describing, implementing, deploying, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco network security solutions. CCIE 350-018 exam is available only in English and it covers areas like security protocols, operating systems, application protocols, security technologies, and Cisco security applications.
Target Audience of This Exam:
CCIE 350-018 exam is for experienced network engineers to enhance their skills and knowledge in designing, troubleshooting, securing and protecting networks. Those individuals who want to be certified with CCIE can take this exam.
Objective of This Exam:
The main objective of this exam is to evaluate the weaknesses in technical areas. Networking fundamentals as well as Cisco network security solutions in VPNs, intrusion prevention, firewalls, identity services, policy management, and device hardening are important topics for CCIE exam. Other topics which are likely to be included in the exam are as follows and the percentage shows the importance of each topic for examination purpose.
- Infrastructure, Connectivity, Communications, and Network Security (20%)
- Security Protocols (15%)
- Application and Infrastructure Security (10%)
- Threats, Vulnerability Analysis, and Mitigation (10%)
- Cisco Security Products, Features, and Management (20%)
- Cisco Security Technologies and Solutions (17%)
- Security Policies and Procedures, Best Practices, and Standards (8%)